|Birth: ||Aug. 1, 1784|
|Death: ||Aug. 14, 1844|
An attorney, Col. George Adams practiced law in Frankfort, Kentucky, between 1810 and 1825, serving a short time in the Kentucky Legislature early in his career.
In 1825 he moved to Natchez, Mississippi, where he spent two years in private practice before becoming State Attorney General in 1828. After one year in that position, he returned to private practice for a year before being named U.S. Attorney for the District of Mississippi, a position he held from 1830 until 1836. At the time of his death he was in private practice in Jackson, Mississippi. [Thanks to Larry Kestenbaum for providing some of this information.]
* * * * *
On 2 MAR 1811 in Franklin County, Ky, he married Anna Mobrey Weisiger, dau of Capt. Daniel & Lucy Weisiger. (Anna's name is sometimes misspelled as Weissinger, an entirely different family some of whom lived in Louisville.)
Col. George and Anna had eleven children, at least the first six born in Kentucky. They moved to Mississippi where he pacticed law and held the following offices:
1828-29: Attorney Gen. of Mississippi
1830-36: US Attorney of Mississippi, appointed by Pres. Andrew Jackson
1836-39: U.S. District Judge, 4th Mississippi District, appointed by Pres. Andrew Jackson
1. Mary Adams b: 6 JAN 1812, d. 26 JUL 1819
2. Henry Clay Adams b: 26 NOV 1813
3. Lucy Ann Adams b: 13 AUG 1815, m. Henry Martin
4. Eliza Adams b: 4 JUN 1817 in Frankfort, Franklin Co., KY, m. John Freeman, d.18 SEP 1873
5. William Wirt Adams C.S.A. general b: 22 MAR 1819 in Frankfort, Franklin Co., Ky.
6. Daniel Weisiger Adams CSA general b: 10 MAR 1821 in Frankfort, Franklin Co., Ky.
7. George Adams Jr. b: 30 MAR 1824
8. Robert Adams b: 3 OCT 1826, d. 1 JUN 1828
9. Mary Bell Adams b: 1828, m. S.B. Newman
10. Emmaline Mobrey Adams b: 13 SEP 1830, m1. FNU Perkins, m2. P.T. Baley, d. 24 JUL 1884
11. Joseph Weisiger Adams b: 17 DEC 1834, d. 15 JUN 1844
Anna Mobrey Weisiger Adams (1795 - ____)*
Eliza Adams Freeman (1816 - 1873)*
William Wirt Adams (1819 - 1888)*
Daniel Weisiger Adams (1821 - 1872)*
Emeline M. Adams Baley (1830 - 1884)*
Plot: Section 4, Lot 43, "new cemetery"
Maintained by: A.G.P.
Originally Created by: NatalieMaynor
Record added: Nov 10, 2005
Find A Grave Memorial# 12303451
Added: Sep. 19, 2014
George Adams & wife Anna M. Weisiger (no "n" in her maiden name) had the following CHILDREN: 1.Mary Adams b: 6 JAN 1812 2. Henry Clay Adams b: 26 NOV 1813 3. Lucy Ann Adams b: 13 AUG 1815 4. Eliza Adams b: 4 JUN 1817 in Frankfort, Franklin Co., KY 5. Wil...(Read more)|
Added: Feb. 21, 2013
Rest peacefully, Granddad|
Your great, great, great granddaughter , K
Added: Sep. 10, 2012
|There are 2 more notes not showing...|
Click here to view all notes...