|Death: ||Sep., 1784|
Sarah Weyman was most likely born in Saint George's Parish, Hartford County, Maryland when her father served as Rector at the Spesutia Church there from 1722 though 1724.
Very little is know of Sarah Weyman prior to her marriage to Dr. Thomas Bond, Sr. She is described on their marriage license as "spinster daughter of the Revd. Robert Weyman deced." Rev. Weyman was the rector of St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Burlington, New Jersey, where he died in 1737.
Sarah was the second wife of Dr. Thomas Bond, Sr., his first wife was Susanna Roberts who was the daughter of Edward Roberts and Susanna Painter. Susanna died less than one year after the birth of her only child, Elizabeth Bond.
Sarah Weyman and Dr. Thomas Bond, Sr., were married on October 31, 1742 at Christ Church in Philadelphia. They had six children. She was buried September 19, 1784. Will dated: June 30, 1784.
Child of Dr. Thomas Bond, Sr., & Susanna Roberts:
1. Elizabeth Bond who married John Martin, M.D.
Children of Dr. Thomas Bond, Sr., and Sarah Weyman:
1. Dr. Thomas Bond, Jr., who married 1st Ann Morgan, and married 2nd Jane Ferris. (Dr. Thomas Bond, Jr., was an Original Member of the Society of the Cincinnati, Pennsylvania Society.)
2. Sarah Rebecca Bond who married Thomas Lawrence, Jr.
3. Phebe Bond
4. Richard Bond
5. Venables Bond who died young
6. Venables Bond, who married Nancy Miller.
Robert Weyman (1694 - 1737)
Thomas Bond (1712 - 1784)
Thomas Bond (1743 - 1793)*
Sarah Rebecca Bond Lawrence (1744 - ____)*
Venables Bond (1754 - 1755)*
Christ Church Burial Ground
Created by: Shari Hanson Frey
Record added: May 17, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 37176008