Feb. 1, 1920 Portage Columbia County Wisconsin, USA
JOHN HENRY ARN John (aka Henry or "Hank") was born on Friday, August 7, 1874 in Erie, Erie County, Pennsylvania, to John Arn and Anna Peters Reinger Arn. He was baptized Johann Heinrich Arn at St. Paul's United Church of Christ, a German Lutheran church in Erie on Sunday, November 8, 1874. John was raised Lutheran. John was always known as Henry Arn. However, his birth name was John Henry Arn. John probably used his middle name, first, to avoid any confusion with his father, John Arn. ANNA VICTORIA CLEMENS was born on Thursday, March 22, 1877 in Portage, Columbia County, Wisconsin. Her parents were Jacob Clemens and Mary Jane McMurray. Anna was raised Catholic. John was the oldest of eight children and the only child born in Pennsylvania. By the time his father and mother had their second child, in 1876, the Arns were residing in Wyocena, Columbia County, Wisconsin. John was 19 years old when his father died in 1893. John did not get married until six years later. John and Anna were married on Thursday, October 26, 1899 at St. Mary's Catholic church in Portage. They had seven children - six girls and one boy, all born in Portage and raised Catholic. In 1900, John was 26 years old and his occupation was a blacksmith. In 1910, John was 36 years old and he worked as a railroad engineer. John and Anna were married a little over 20 years when John died from pneumonia that was caused by influenza on Sunday, February 1, 1920 at his home in Portage. He was 45 years old and was buried in St. Mary's cemetery in Portage. Anna remained a widow, worked as a private duty nurse for almost 30 years and raised her children on her own. She died from diabetes and liver and heart problems on Monday, April 14, 1947. She was 70 years old and was buried in St. Mary's cemetery in Portage.
Children of John and Anna
. Mabel Arn b - Thursday, March 14, 1901 in Wisconsin m - circa Tuesday, January 11, 1921 in Wisconsin to George Hoffman d - Friday, February 3, 1934 in Wisconsin cemetery - St. Mary's in Wisconsin George was b - circa 1894 ; d -
2. Marie Anna Arn b - Wednesday, October 28, 1903 in Wisconsin m - circa 1922 in Wisconsin to Elmer Reddeman d - Wednesday, November 14, 1973 in Wisconsin cemetery - Pinelawn in Wisconsin Elmer was b - Sunday, July 24, 1904; d - Monday, November 23, 1970
3. Dorothy Lucille Arn ("Doss") b - Thursday, January 11, 1906 in Wisconsin m1 - Delbert Babcock m2 - Tuesday, August 20, 1929 in Illinois to Howard Robert Heberlein d - Sunday, April 14, 1991 in Wisconsin cemetery - St. Mary's in Wisconsin Delbert was b - ; d - Howard was b - Saturday, October 17, 1908; d - Wednesday, August 4, 1982
4. Gertrude A. Arn ("Gertie") b - Sunday, May 31, 1908 in Wisconsin m1 - Glen Reynolds m2 - Saturday, March 4, 1933 in Wisconsin to Charles Benjamin Nathan Kent d - Tuesday, August 21, 1979 in Wisconsin cemetery - Wisconsin Memorial Park in Wisconsin Glen was b -Thursday, April 11, 1907; d - June 1973 Charles was b - Sunday, February 17, 1907; d - Monday, August 14, 1995
5. William John Arn b - Wednesday, August 31, 1910 in Wisconsin m - single d - Tuesday, January 26, 1960 in Wisconsin cemetery - St. Mary's in Wisconsin
6. Flora Agnes Arn ("Poke"/"Pokie") b - Thursday, December 19, 1912 in Wisconsin m - Saturday, January 4, 1941 in Wisconsin to Maurice Thomas McMahon d - Thursday, August 16, 2001 in Wisconsin cemetery - St. Mary's in Wisconsin - Flora's ashes are there as she was cremated Maurice was b - Thursday, November 10, 1913; d - Sunday, December 18, 1966
7. Orma Catherine Arn ("Orm"/"Ormie") b - Sunday, May 9, 1915 in Wisconsin m1 - Wednesday, April 5, 1933 in Wisconsin to Virgilius Nicholas Peters divorced Virg - Wednesday, February 15, 1939 m2 - Monday, August 26, 1940 in Iowa to William John Hamele d - Thursday, December 23, 2004 in New Mexico cemetery - Our Lady of Hope in Michigan Virg was b - Friday, December 1, 1911; d - Bill was b - Sunday, April 5, 1914; d - Tuesday, October 11, 1983 in Michigan cemetery - Our Lady of Hope in Michigan
ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY LINDA C. (HAMELE) PASTORIUS.