|Birth: ||Jan. 13, 1916|
|Death: ||Jan. 8, 2005|
Los Angeles County
According to the California Death Index, Luther 'Grover' Sherman, b. Sept. 26, 1879 in Ky. d. Sept. 13, 1951. His mother's maiden name was Branham.
Luther G. Sherman and Edith Hussey, both of Eagle Rock, Barry Co., Mo. were united in marriage in Cassville, Barry Co., Mo. on March 20, 1897. Edith was over the age of 18, but Luther was under 18 and therefore, permission of his father, John L. Sherman was made part of the record.
Luther and Edith Sherman had 11 children:
1) Ruth Sherman, b. July, 1898 in MO.
2) Nellie Sherman, b. Sept. 1899 in MO.
3) Squire Sherman, b. Aug. 24, 1901 in MO. and d. Aug. 1983 in Winfield, Cowley, KS.
4) John Elmer Sherman, b. Mar. 09, 1903 in MO. and d. Oct. 20, 1959 in CA.
5) Myrtle Marie Sherman, b. Jan. 23, 1905 in MO. and d. Nov., 15, 1987 in Plumas co., CA. (marr.Butler)
6) William Lloyd Sherman, b. Feb. 05, 1908 in Barry Co., MO. and d. Nov. 11, 1997 in Barry Co., MO. (Marr. Mary Alice Beck.)
7) Ethel Sherman, b. Feb. 15, 1910 in MO. and d. Jun, 26, 1988 in CA. (marr. Fincher)
8) Luther (Mike) Sherman, b. Dec. 23, 1911 in MO. and d. Jul. 9, 1993 in CA.
9) Maude Sherman , b. Jan. 13, 1916 in MO. and d. Jan. 11, 2005 in CA.(marr. Clary)
10) Verna Sherman, b. Oct. 15, 1917 in MO., and d. Apr. 13, 2005 in CA. (marr. Foster)
11) August Sherman, b. Feb. 2, 1920 in MO. and d. Jun. 25, 1980 in CA.
In the Feb. 20, 1920 U.S. census, 4 yr. old Maud Sherman, b. in MO., was living in Roaring River, Barry Co., Missouri with her
40 yr. old father, Grover Sherman, farmer, b. in KY.
41 yr. old mother, Edith, b. in AR.
18 yr. old brother, Squire Sherman, doing farm labor on the home farm, b. in MO.
16 yr. old brother, Elmer Sherman, b. in MO.
15 yr. old sister, Marie Sherman, b. in MO.
12 yr. old brother, William Sherman, b. in MO.
10 yr. old sister, Ethel Sherman, b. in MO.
8 yr. old brother, Luther Sherman, b. in MO.
2 & 2/12 yr. old sister, Vernie Sherman, b. in MO.
Grover's parents were both born in KY.
Edith's father was b. in IA. and her mother was b. in MO.
By the 1930 U.S. census, 14 yr. old Maude M. Sherman, b. in MO., was still living in Roaring River Twp, Barry Co., MO. with her
50 yr. old father, L 'Grover' Sherman, a farmer doing general farming
51 yr. old mother, Edith Sherman, b. in AR.
18 yr. old brother, Luther Sherman, doing farm labor on the home farm, b. in MO.
12 yr. old sister, Vernie E. Sherman, b. in MO.
10 yr. old brother, August Sherman, b. in MO.
Grover and Edith had been married 18 years.
According to the 1940 U.S. census, 24 yr. old Maud Clary, b. in MO., was living at 3856 Elma Rd. in Pasadena, Los Angeles, CA. with her
30 yr. old husband, Clarence Clary, a tree surgeon for a nursery company, b. in OK.
In 1935, Clarence and Maud were living in the same place.
Maud was a high school graduate and Clarence had completed 8th grade.
Clarence worked 45 hours in the week prior to the census and 42 weeks in 1939. His salary was $864.
Clarence and Maude's had a daughter:
Katherine Maude Clary, who attended Pasadena High School and Woodbury College. She met Anthony Earl Ray while vacationing in Hawaii and they were married in 1965. Mr. ray attended schools in Arkansas, and was with the U.S. Navy, serving aboard the U.S. Lansing at Pearl Harbor.
Luther Grover Sherman (1879 - 1951)
Edith Hussey Sherman (1878 - 1967)
Andrew Clarence Clary (1909 - 1958)
Nellie Sherman (1889 - 1901)*
Ruth Ellen Sherman Edwards (1898 - 1951)*
John Elmer Sherman (1903 - 1959)*
William L Sherman (1908 - 1997)*
Ethel Sherman Fincher (1910 - 1988)*
Maude May Sherman Clary (1916 - 2005)
August Sherman (1920 - 1980)*
Luther Sherman (1927 - 2004)*
WIFE - MOTHER - GRANDMOTHER
Note: Maude is buried with her husband, Andrew Clary, next to her sister, Ethel Sherman Fincher.and two spaces away from older sister, Ruth Sherman Edwards.
Live Oak Memorial Park
Los Angeles County
Created by: Chloé
Record added: Mar 29, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 67633790