| || member for 7 years, 1 month, 17 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
1. SEND SOURCE INFO!!! When sending info for inclusion on memorials I have entered, please include your source (where you found it, or how you know it). This is important. If I think the info is questionable, I might not add it, or will note who sent it to me. I decline to perpetuate errata and will NOT post anything from an unreliable source.|
2. MANNERS COUNT. I appreciate POLITE requests and corrections. If you don't know how to use the words, "please," and "thank you," or can't be bothered, then please don't bother at all. If you send extremely rude, or threatening messages, no matter how subtle, I will forward them to the Find A Grave administrators, without exception.
3. I TRANSFER. Aside from my own family, and close friends, I do not hoard memorials. POLITE requests for your family (close, OR distant), and close friends will all be considered. If I am even remotely related, I will not transfer. I will keep my friends, unless your relationship is significantly closer. If you are prone to entering sloppy memorials with incorrect info, I will think twice about a transfer.
4. YOUR PHOTOS: Please don't add bad photos to memorials I have entered, i.e. photos where you can be seen reflected in the stone, your car is in the background, the stone is covered in bird poop, or leaves, or dirt, your dog, or kid can be seen, or photos taken at a carelessly crooked angle, or ones with more "white space," than gravestone (NO need to crop ALL the white space out, and photos of entire family plots are the exception). Please do not add photographs of new graves in their entirety, with no grass growing on the freshly up-turned dirt. Please do not add photos of the temporary plastic grave markers placed by the funeral home, or photos of the gravestone, prior to inscribing of the DOD for new burials--if you do, please anticipate that I will request a removal when a photo of a fully inscribed gravestone has been posted. I spend a lot of time to make attractive, respectful memorials. Your help with that is appreciated.
Note: If the persons grave has no marker, please at least add a photo of the area where the grave is located.
5. MY PHOTOS, those of gravestones and cemeteries, may be used without my permission, EXCEPT on ancestry.com, or any site which requires an exchange of money. There is no need to give me credit and in fact, I would prefer that you don't. However, please do not post one of my original photos to a Find A Grave memorial yourself. Politely make a request and I will gladly add, if appropriate.
6. CAUSES OF DEATH are a matter of public record. If you are related to an individual who has a cause of death posted in their memorial, and you are disturbed by the posting of that cause, I will remove it, upon polite request.
7. I VOLUNTEER. As another member has noted on their profile, I'm not getting paid to do this. Nope, not a penny. I sometimes get behind in doing corrections, updates, etc. Your patience is appreciated. Please remember that edits take time, no one is entitled to my time, and demands are wholly unappreciated (please refer to point #2 above). If you can't wait, you may send the edit request to Find A Grave.
8. LIVING PEOPLE: Please don't add memorials for them, especially, if you haven't yet entered a memorial for YOURSELF. Not only is it against policy, but it's just a horrendous thing to do to someone, without their consent.
9. LIVE & LET LIVE. I am all for receiving and sending updates, corrections, etc. I appreciate notification when I have added a duplicate and will notify others of duplicates. Beyond that, I do not consider myself to be on the Find A Grave police squad, and neither should you. Please allow me to tend to the memorials I have entered. If I add something you don't like to a memorial you have entered, or to that of a family member's, please point it out to me POLITELY. Vague references to Find A Grave policies are not helpful in specific instances--I have entered hundreds of memorials and manage hundreds more. Above all, please remember that Find A Grave IS NOT REAL. The internet is NOT TANGIBLE. What does that mean? In the grand scheme of life, this is small stuff and could go "poof" in an instant.
10. To those who are all about the numbers: THERE IS NO END TO DEAD PEOPLE. Just because I might enter a memorial you wanted to enter, doesn't mean you can't enter one for someone else. There are plenty for all.
In Honor of Our Fallen Brave . . .
In Flanders Fields, 1919, by John McCrae
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
THANK YOU to everyone who sends info and corrections for memorials I have entered. Time does not permit me to thank everyone for each individual contribution, but please know that they are appreciated!
In case I have missed anyone, THANK YOU to the PHOTO VOLUNTEERS who have fulfilled my requests--much appreciated!
MANY THANKS to those MEMBERS who have entered memorials for members of my family and who have had the kindness to transfer them to me--you're the BEST!
PRIVATELY OWNED CEMETERIES & PHOTOGRAPHY Privately owned cemeteries may regulate the taking of photographs by persons physically within the boundaries of the cemetery property. Please refer to the laws of the relevant state. More discussion may be perused here:
http://legalgenealogist.com/blog/2012/10/22/cemetery-photos-permission-required/ (Courtesy of Find A Grave Member Diehard, profile # 46809256)
|Find A Grave Friends|
Ann Tindall, Anonymous, BAK, Barbara Crossle..., Cemeterywlkr, Corey Meyer, Darlene Marshal..., Find A Grave, GLENDA EISENHOU..., Har37x, Hultquist, Jack, Janet Guivens, Jennifer Bauer, Jim & Lori Rowe, Jim Thorpe, John Heider, Kathy Margrave, Kathy's kin n m..., Lainey, Lilbuddy, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for HJ (820)||[Leave Message]|
It worked, I added a ramdon picture to the Dagger and Thayer's memorial then I removed it. Then went to the list of names within the cemetery and saw where it deleted the image of the little memorial. I will check back later to see if it added it back.
Added by Tess on Oct 29, 2014 7:45 AM
|Tess||RE: Flora Thayer|
yes, I like it being on the memorial, again that is not what I was saying. What I mean is if you add a picture then remove it. It might removed the little stone by the name. Do not mess with that picture. Sometimes if you do something it will fix the problem sometime not. It would be worth a try.
Added by Tess on Oct 29, 2014 7:23 AM
|Tess||RE: Flora Thayer|
ok, I understand, I have never thought they would choose the cemetery photo for all and post a memorial by the name, usually that will straighten itself out in a couple of days if not you might have to go in by hand and remove them if you can. You might even add another photo and then delete it. funny that it did that. not sure if you can fix it.
Added by Tess on Oct 28, 2014 6:57 PM
|Tess||RE: More re Thayer|
Ohh, I understand glitch, I have seen several, never saw that one, but understand it. Sorry to have bothered you.
Added by Tess on Oct 28, 2014 6:53 PM
|Tess||RE: Flora Thayer|
Sorry, That is not what I was talking about, from the cemetery page, when you go to the "View All interments" and click on it. There is a list of everyone in that cemetery, next to the names there is a little image of a memorial stone that is the picture that says there is a picture of the memorial stone when clicking on the link. But when I click on anyone there is no picture of the stone just picture of the entrance. you have posted a picture of the entrance of every person. the only picture of a stone is of Unknown Dagger, (But if you actually look at the stone you will see several Daggers on that one stone.)
Why post pictures of the cemetery entrance on every memorial.
Added by Tess on Oct 28, 2014 6:30 PM
|tw1261||RE: Lutheran Cemetery in Mendota, IL|
Thanks for your assistance
Added by tw1261 on Oct 13, 2014 1:20 PM
|tw1261||Lutheran Cemetery in Mendota, IL|
Thanks for all the work you do on this site.
You added photos of a Lutheran cemetery in Mendota, (St Johns Lutheran Cemetery), in May 2014. Do you happen to have an address or street names of the location? I would like to visit this cemetery and cannot locate one near Mendota. There are several lutheran cemeteries but none have the sign you added. The only st Johns Lutheran cemetery I can find in in Northville which is in eastern LaSalle county, IL
Added by tw1261 on Oct 10, 2014 10:14 AM
|Sarah Aliens||Alan Henning|
Hello - thought you would like to know Alan's date of birth was 15/08/1967. Obtained from a youTube tribute from someone who knew him.
|Joan (Wyatt) Bradley||RE: Lucy Beagles|
Thank you for correcting that misleading transcription!
Regarding Lucy herself, I have been unable to find a death record for her in either Crawford, Kansas (where she lived with a son in 1940 and after) or in Missouri, where both husbands are buried beside each other. Another researcher has her death date as March 1946 which is likely correct, but I have been unable to find the corroborating evidence to prove it. I also have no evidence regarding her burial site, though she probably was returned by her son to El Dorado Springs Cemetery to be buried with her two husbands, Charles Dagger and Ransom Beagles. I have contacted the provider of the death date, and if she responds I'll get back to you with what info she can provide.
|Donna Spears||RE: Abraham Shepherd|
Perhaps you could enter his birthdate which I also requested. Also link his spouse. I am interested in this memorial because they are my ancestors.
Thanks for your interest
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service