|Donald Reindl (#47218224)|
| || member for 7 years, 30 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
1) OECONYMS: Slovenian gravestones often contain oeconyms (farm/house names, hišna imena). Sometimes it isn't clear which name is the surname and which the oeconym. In some cases I've entered oeconyms as surnames when no surname is available. Corrections are appreciated. Try searching an individual Slovenian cemetery by first name instead of last name if you think a memorial may have been entered using an oeconym.
2) DIACRITICS: This site no longer searches for many special characters (čšž äöüß etc.); searching for them returns reconfigured names (e.g., looking for "Božič" returns only "Boi"). To find such records, try searching by truncated last names ("Bo" for "Božič"), and/or first names that don't have diacritics ("Zofija Bo" for "Zofija Božič," "Marica" for "Marica Črv"). (Select "Do partial name search on surname".) Also try scanning known cemeteries ("View all interments"), which is a good idea anyhow because of spelling variations.
Another option: enter "site:.findagrave.com" (without quotes) followed by a space and the name you are searching for into your web browser (e.g., "site:.findagrave.com božič").
3) ALPHABETIZATION: Names with diacritics don't properly alphabetize (ČABC...XÜYZÄÖŠŽ), so be sure to scan up and down lists when searching.
4) WRONG CHARACTERS: This site used to convert some letters with diacritics (e.g., č > è). I've updated my entries to fix this (please let me know if you see any I missed).
5) SISTORY links: Many of my wartime memorials include information (dates, places, relations) from the SiStory website. Any web addresses given were accurate at the time posted, but some of the ID numbers have changed over time.
|Messages left for Donald Reindl (219)||[Leave Message]|
|Lee Atwell-King||Škocjan Grosuplje|
Thank you so much for additing a photo for Jošef Kocijančič (his wife Francika is buried there as well) my 2 x great grandparents. I have actually been to his cemetery in 2013 and found them. It is nice to see it linked to Ancestry.com now.
Wanted to express my appreciation for your efforts. I was made aware of your work at Hinje and was impressed by its thoroughness. I have been browsing familiar place and surnames. Just found Rudolph Intihar and found and he is included in a family that is in a collateral Meglen line I am working on. Hinje's role in my MEGLEN ancestry is a little obscure, but so many surnames are recurrent in my research I expect to spend mubh more time viewing your work. Thanks again and I appreciate your postings on Gottschee Genealogy's Facebook page.
|MidwestMom||RE: Michael Morris (Memorial# 81066924)|
You are quite welcome! Pam
|L. Forbes||Dr. William Ross Schoemaker|
I added his paper obituary, hope you do not mind.
|Frank Klen||SLOVENIAN TRANSLATION|
Do you or do you know someone that translates Slovenian. I have photo copies of several very old hand written postcards I need translated.
You or anyone can contact me at email@example.com Thank you.
Donald, you are in the care of the memorials of Matija Klobucar #84959046 and his wife Marija. I was wondering if you are related to them. The reason I'm asking is that I am trying to connect some of the Slovenians in the Joliet/Rockdale area in Will Co. IL to my family. The families are Marentic/Marentich, Malneric/Maleric/Malarich, and Klobucar/Klobuchar. If your not related do you know anyone who is related or who may have some family research that may help me. The information I have is incomplete. I'm missing the names of cousins, who they married, and their children. You or anyone else can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on my message board. Thank you.
|Sharon Hillman||RE: Photo Request (Memorial# 156558700)|
Thanks for your quick response. I just read the information on her in my family tree. She is buried with her newborn daughter in an unmarked grave so no photo available.
|Sharon Hillman||Photo Request|
I am have only been a member for a year and I want to request a photo so can you help me through how to do that? I created a Find A Grave for Anna Marie Meyer who is the spouse to John Suennen that you created. She is buried in Winesville Cemetery in Porterfield Township, Marinette County.
Can you help me out?
|AlongTheWay||RE: Norway ancestors|
Yes, something must be different. Will play around with my options over the next few days. Thanks again!
|AlongTheWay||RE: Norway ancestors|
That didn't work either, but I chose option below, per a GOOGLE search, and I can play around with that! Thanks!
Kart | Geonorge - Norgeskart
Eksport. step 1 of 3; step 2 of 3; step 3 of 3. Forrige Neste. image/svg+xml. Norgeskart.no - Kartverket. Søk. Geonorge. Land; Sjø; Flybilder; svalbard; janmayen.
In other words - this LINK is a good starting point:
|[View all messages...]|