Colusa and 'Grimes Grand Island' California are my area. Arbuckle, College City, and Meridian are near. I take photos that are clear, easy to read, face on (I don't mind bending over or getting down to ground level), and not a dark shadow. I try to clean the marker first of droppings and debris because I like them to be presentable. If the monument is large I'll take a photo of the whole stone (likely a work of art), one of the inscription, and if there is anything else written on the stone I'll try to capture that also.
I'm proud of the pictures I upload and it's sad (and really bugs me) to see some of the photos others submit that are sidways, out of focus, in shadows to dark to read, or have bird poo on them. These grave photos are shared by thousands and should look nice and show the entire monument as well as a close up of the entire inscription in focus and easy to read. Although it is very much appreciated that a volunteer has taken time to take a photo (because something is better than nothing) it should be done well. Should there be a memorial photo taken in my area that you cannot read, see clearly or not happy with and would like a re-take, please let me know and I'll see what I can do. Keep in mind however that some stones have calcium build up, are worn away, or may be in need of some restoration or serious cleaning; but clarity, focus, angle, and lighting are easy fixes.
It's not the number, it's the quality.
If I created or manintain a memorial of someone whom you are related to, let's talk. Should you be a better fit to maintain that memorial page, I will be happy to transfer. If you just have the parents or sibling name and/or numbers and no other information, let me know and I'll gladly update the page.
Davis family in Grand Isle Cemetery Hello – I’ll send this message to both Carrie and Belinda: While researching a branch of the Davis family in Colusa county, I noticed that there are duplicate memorials for the following members of the family. It looks as if Belinda created these first, and Carrie created the duplicates and added cross-referencing between the family member memorials. I don’t know the best way to address this – perhaps you two can confer. Or if you’d like, you could both transfer these to me and I could combine and delete as necessary. Just let me know. I am not a direct relative, only an indirect relative. Thanks!
1. Winfred Henry Davis (1872 – 1944) Memorial# 95283022 Created by: Belinda Titus AND Memorial# 112099368 Created by: carrie bayless sibley
2 Sybil Sebia Jeffreys Davis (1845 – 1933) Memorial# 95283000 Created by: Belinda Titus AND Memorial# 112099044 Created by: carrie bayless sibley
3. Alfred J Davis (1870 - 1938) Memorial# 95282302 Created by: Belinda Titus AND Memorial# 122092230 Created by: carrie bayless sibley
4. Ezekiel Howell “Howell” Davis (1829 - 1888) Memorial# 95283076 Created by: Belinda Titus AND Memorial# 122098726 Created by: carrie bayless sibley
5. John Shannon Davis (1827 - 1891) Memorial# 95283171 Created by: Belinda Titus AND Memorial# 112091861 Created by: carrie bayless sibley
6. Joseph Llewellyn Davis (1823 - 1891) Memorial# 95283392 Created by: Belinda Titus AND Memorial# 112091683 Created by: carrie bayless sibley
7. Ramona Adele Reisch Davis (1910 – 1987) Memorial# 95303833 Created by: Belinda Titus AND Memorial# 112192900 Created by: carrie bayless sibley
8. Rebecca Davis Roseberry (1875 - 1942) Memorial# 95282383 Created by: Belinda Titus AND Memorial# 112090762 Created by: carrie bayless sibley
9. Winifred Gertrude Davis McCue (1907 - 1981) Memorial# 95282492 Created by: Belinda Titus AND Memorial# 112100754 Created by: carrie bayless sibley
RE: Rebecca Davis Roseberry Hi Belinda, Are you part of the Davis family? If you aren't family, I don't mind if you transfer that; although this is very distant, I am part of the Davis family, although this particular branch in Colusa is several generations separated. I noticed that there were duplicates of almost all of the Davis family memorials in the Grand Isle Cemetery. Usually the second one had more information as well as the links between family members. I'm not sure what the protocol is - I would think usually the "first" memorial should stay, but if the links are in the second one...I'm unsure.I just wanted to bring someone's attention to this.
headstone photos I appreciate your message on taking photos. It's frustrating to see those unreadable dark photos or those with inscriptions not noted along with the picture. You are spot on with your message. thanks again. P
Azevedo Memorials, Glen Oaks Mem Park Happy to transfer your family members to your care. Ann was a lovely lady ... and was of great help in getting past historical narrative of "old" days in Durham! Best regards, Adriana
RE: Lawrence Ivy Moore You are very welcome. It was my privilege and honor to photograph his tombstone. I am sorry for your loss. Do you know if the two Moore's next to his are related? I noticed they do not have memorials on Find A Grave. I will add them to the website. Chris
Grimes Grand Island Cemetery Did you create the above cemetery in Find A Grave? Find A Grave has a cemetery listed as Grand Island which is located in Grimes. This one matches the Colusa Cemetery Listing book.