| || member for 4 years, 7 months, 12 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
I have been researching my own genealogy for 25 years. I hope my contribution to this site will make it easier for someone else to fulfill their research goals.|
I will gladly make changes/additions to the data I have entered but would request a source for the information if it is a birth or death date change. Vital Statistics will take precedence over other more unreliable sources.
Transfers will be processed based on the FAG guidelines.
|Messages left for FranBod (116)||[Leave Message]|
Thank you for the photographs of True and Joanna Hodgkins' gravestones. These are my wife's 3rd Great Grandparents. I was beginning to think we might have to take a road trip to Maine to get these pictures.
|Codiferius Skoff||Darren Magruder / Ancestry|
I was wondering if you're Ancestry user 'tcrm90' or if you created Darren's memorial out of kindness?
|Jessica Irish||RE: Photos|
Thanks - I do it for fun....
|Angie||Grave of Eliza Ann Curtis|
Thank you so very much for photographing this grave. Eliza Ann is my 3rd great grandmother. The Curtis Memorial Library in Brunswick is named for her son, Captain John Curtis.
I will try to visit the grave next spring/summer.
Added by Angie on Nov 26, 2014 4:28 PM
|Donnie Ruyle||William H Suter|
FranBod: Thank you for adding the information. You are one of the top 10% that will do so. The other 90% don't!!
|James Henkel||RE: Ezra Abbott|
Just wanted to let you know that I added a note regarding his connection to Lincoln's assassination.
|TRISH||RE: Ruth Boyer|
Sorry it took so long to get back to you! I did some more checking, actually rechecking, of what data I had written down, as well as the census information again.
In the case of Emma's incorrect year of birth.......couldn't you contact the manager/creator of her memorial and refer them to the correct date from the SSDI? According to the SSDI, Emma's full date of birth was March 17, 1895 (St. Patrick's Day!). At least they would have the "proof" of the correct date by that public record, instead of you just asking them to correct it per your individual knowledge. It would work for me to see that proof! Guess all you could do is try it and hope they'll be willing to make the correction.
Regarding my memorial for Ruth.....I have corrected her date of death. I had entered the date of her 'burial' instead of the actual date of death! It pays to go back & recheck! Also, I changed the year of her birth back to 1899. The more I rechecked her listed age on all available records, plus the info I'd rec'd from my Great-Aunt June (Paul's sister) years ago, the more I feel the correct year is 1899, not 1898. Her age on the burial record is listed as 58 years old, which would make her year of birth 1899 as well. She would have actually been about 58 years and about 3 months old, having been born in January. And I remember, distinctly, that Auntie told me Ruth was a year older than Paul. I still cannot find anything that shows her FULL date of birth. She died before Social Security and was born before it was made mandatory to record births!
Sorry I couldn't be of more help on Emma!
Added by TRISH on Aug 04, 2014 9:54 AM
|Darkside & Anne M.||RE: Peggy Hall|
thank you so very much -- sorry it's taken so long for me to reply
|Connie Clark||RE: Orville Smith|
You are very welcome , it was our pleasure. Connie and Wayne
|TRISH||RE: #125607910 Ruth Boyer|
Hooray! I'm so happy that I found the right Karl!
Gosh, I knew the kid's birthdates were 'off'! And I even had the same thoughts about someone messing up MA for ME.....but when I viewed the census record....Massachussets was spelled out, incorrectly spelled :)
The SSDI had also given the year of birth for Karl Jr. as 1882 not 1881. But I've been researching over 46 years now and have seen some crazy date errors! The problem is that people don't want to do the research to verify the data. I've got a Great-Great Grandmother on my mother's side with both an incorrect month and year on her tombstone....the death cert proves it! But there are still those in the family who won't believe it is wrong....go figure! The information we find is only as good as the knowledge of the person who gave the information in the first place!
I'm really glad to have been able to 'meet' you through genealogy....please, do keep in touch once and awhile. I'd love to hear how your research progresses!
Added by TRISH on May 20, 2014 5:45 PM
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service