|PATTY McFERREN-BLANTON & JR BLANTON (#47369283)|
| || member for 4 years, 7 months, 10 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
<---CLICK ON PHOTO|
TO READ CAPTION
Daughter of the American Revolution #943166, Henry Clay Chapter
(Patriot: Henry Rock, 1735-1815,
Find A Grave Memorial# 145481071)
THE URGENCY: Acid rain & mold are devastating gravestone inscriptions. If we don't photographically record memorials before they become illegible, the final resting places of our loved ones will be lost forever!
TRANSFERS TO RELATIVES & FRIENDS: 460
TRANSFER OF MEMORIALS: Want to "adopt" any of our memorials? Please click on the "EDIT" tab and we will make it happen! Nobody can treasure a memorial like a loved one or good friend.
FREELY COPY ANY OF OUR PHOTOS! Consider this our written permission. We took them to share with you! Patty & JR Blanton, 24 May 2015
- Jan Rupp (JR) Blanton (AKA: Paul Brown) was one of the first triplets born in Portsmouth Hospital, Scioto, OH. One triplet, Paula, died at 6 months. Surviving triplet sister, Paulette Brown (AKA Judy Marshall) and JR were adopted by Chester M. Blanton, M.D., and Frances (Mi) Blanton of Harlan, Paducah, Lexington & Louisville, KY. Dr. Blanton was team physician for the Kentucky Wildcats! Jan RUPP Blanton was named after Coach Adolph Rupp. JR later lived in VA & NC.
- PattyB has roots in Wash.,DC; VA, NC, Venango & Franklin Co., PA; Kilbehenny, Co. Limerick, Ireland; and Scotland.
- Married 30 years with 23 kids & grandkids and 1 great-grandson.
OTHER THINGS WE DO:
- We are in our 21st year in Pigeon Valley Bassmasters, Canton, NC. We fish bass tournaments in NC, SC, GA, & TN. Patty is Club Secretary; JR is Conservation Chairman.
- We take 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds and 2 of every kind in the fish tank with us on our fishing trips in "Arkie," the camper!
OUR EXERCISE PROGRAM:
~ We've picked up over 12,000 lbs. of litter/recycles at every lake fished since 2004!
~ We bowl twice-a-week.
~ For the 5th year, we participated in Transylvania County, NC. Senior Games (see photo above).
~ At the 2013 NC State Finals, PattyB won the "Triple Crown:" gold, silver & bronze for spin-casting, basketball shooting & football throw. JR won bronze in bowling doubles!
OUR SERVICE: JR is an Army Vietnam Veteran (1965-1968), with 400 days in-country. Served with 1st Log Comd, 627th Supply Co. (Leaning Outhouse) in An Khe, Qui Nhon, Pleiku, Cam Rahn, Saigon, Long Bien and DaNang. Patty & JR retired from VA Hospital at Oteen, Asheville, NC. Patty served 38 of her 43 years, 5 months and 3 days with DoD, Army, Navy, VA & State Dept., & JR served 24 of his 38 years with DoD/VA.
WHY WE DO THIS! We are looking for the graves of veterans; they have a special place in our hearts! They fought (and some died) for us! "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13. "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their Nation." (President George Washington, 1789).
TO FIND-A-GRAVE CONTRIBUTORS: Thank you, profusely, for helping others find the final resting places of their loved ones. It is time well spent! God will bless you for what you are doing!
|Find A Grave Friends|
4losthistory, A.C. Rogers, Aaron Bridley, Aaron John Turn..., Al, Alan Lathrop, Aleta Stafford, Alex , alison , Allan L Winger, Amy Caddell, Andie Parrish, andringa, AngelEyes, Angi Weast King, ann, Ann Bowler, Ann Moore, Ann Ono Mouse, Ann Wilson, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for PATTY McFERREN-... (3)||[Leave Message]|
|Kris Chapin||RE: Transfer, John Mark Crow|
Thank you, and thank you for all your hours of work to honor the veterans... and your service to our country! My father was in the Navy - WWII & my father in law was a Marine and he served on Iwo Jima ... saw the flag raising ! My husband and I are Marines, no longer active.
|R Moore||RE: Rajaniemis|
Added by R Moore on May 25, 2015 5:02 AM
|Kris Chapin||RE: John Crowe's Obit|
First, thank you for explaining that-, & I'm sorry I'm not current on things. I try to scan the FAQs now and then but it's hard to catch it all! I appreciate your gentle approach to sharing the information, too!
Second, yes, I'd like to take over John Mark Crowe's memorial # 74440078
My id# 48336280. Thank you!
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service