|PATTY McFERREN-BLANTON & JR BLANTON (#47369283)|
| || member for 4 years, 6 months, 11 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
<---Click on photo to read caption.|
MEMBER: Daughters of the American Revolution
(Henry Rock, 1735-1815, Quincy, Franklin County, PA, Find A Grave Memorial# 145481071)
THE URGENCY: Acid rain & mold are devastating gravestone inscriptions! If we don't photographically record memorials before they become illegible, the final resting places of our loved ones will be lost forever!
TRANSFERS TO RELATIVES & FRIENDS: 454
TRANSFER OF MEMORIALS: Want to "adopt" any of our memorials? Simply click on the "EDIT" tab and leave a message. We will make it happen! Nobody can treasure a memorial like a loved one or dear friend!
COPY ANY OF OUR PHOTOS! You do not need our permission! We took them to share with you!
- Jan Rupp (JR) Blanton (AKA: Paul Brown) was one of the first triplets born in Portsmouth Hospital, Scioto, OH. One triplet, Paula, died at 6 months. Surviving triplet sister, Paulette Brown (AKA Judy Denning Blanton Marshall) and JR were adopted by Chester M. Blanton, M.D., and Frances (Mi) Blanton of Harlan, Paducah, Lexington & Louisville, KY. Dr. Blanton was team physician for the Kentucky Wildcats! Jan RUPP Blanton was named after Coach Adolph Rupp. JR later lived in VA & NC.
- PattyB has roots in Wash.,DC; VA, NC, Venango & Franklin Co., PA; Kilbehenny, Co. Limerick, Ireland; and Scotland.
- Married 30 years in 2015, with 24 kids/grandkids/great-grandchild !
OTHER THINGS WE DO:
- We are in our 22nd year in Pigeon Valley Bassmasters, Canton, NC. We fish bass tournaments in NC, SC, GA, & TN. Patty is Club Secretary; JR is Conservation Chairman.
- We take 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds and 2 of every kind in the fish tank with us on our fishing trips in "Arkie," the camper!
OUR EXERCISE PROGRAM:
~ We've picked up over 11,600 lbs. of litter/recycles at every lake fished since 2004!
~ We bowl twice-a-week.
~ 2014 was our 4th year of Transylvania Co. Senior Games.
~ At the 2013 NC State Finals, PattyB won the "Triple Crown:" gold, silver & bronze for spincasting, basketball shooting & football throw.
~ JR won bronze in bowling doubles!
OUR SERVICE: JR is an Army Vietnam Veteran (1965-1968), with 400 days in-country. Served with 1st Log Comd, 627th Supply Co. (Leaning Outhouse) in An Khe, Qui Nhon, Pleiku, Cam Rahn, Saigon, Long Bien and DaNang. Patty & JR retired from VA Hospital at Oteen, Asheville, NC. Patty served 38 of her 43 years, 5 months and 3 days with DoD/VA, and JR served 24 of his 38 years with DoD/VA.
WHY WE DO THIS! We are looking for the graves of veterans. We have a special place in our hearts for active duty military/veterans! They fought (and some died) for us! "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13. "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their Nation." (President George Washington, 1789).
TO FIND A GRAVE CONTRIBUTORS: Thank you, profusely, for helping others find the final resting places of their loved ones. It is time well spent! God will bless you for what you are doing!
WE APPRECIATE the wonderful words of encouragement you have sent us! Your kind messages keep us going! :)
|Find A Grave Friends|
4losthistory, A.C. Rogers, Aaron Bridley, Aaron John Turn..., Al, Alan Lathrop, Aleta Stafford, Alex , alison , Allan L Winger, Amy Caddell, Andie Parrish, andringa, Angi Weast King, ann, Ann Bowler, Ann Moore, Ann Ono Mouse, Ann Wilson, Ann Young, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for PATTY McFERREN-... (6)||[Leave Message]|
Vernon Elbert Long 92038182, would love to adopt
|Lorraine||RE: Gash Spouse|
"Betty" Saunders Gash. You are welcome. They were friends when we lived at Etowah. Nice family.
Added by Lorraine on Apr 24, 2015 10:53 PM
|Lorraine||RE: Corey Koone Gash|
No father listed, Only listed his mother, Betty Jean Koone Gash.
Added by Lorraine on Apr 24, 2015 10:51 PM
|Lorraine||RE: JAMES Randall Gash Jr|
I agree, all we can do, on his information.
Added by Lorraine on Apr 24, 2015 10:50 PM
|Lorraine||RE: Betty Jean Koone Gash|
Stated she married Richard Erwin. Do what you thing should be done. I could find no information on him. In my search at www.familysearch.org did not find any reference to him. It has been a long time and I can't remember where I found that information.
Added by Lorraine on Apr 24, 2015 10:48 PM
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service