|Bio and Links|
<---Click on photo to read caption.|
WHY SO MANY PICTURES? -------------->
ACID RAIN and MOLD are devastating the inscriptions on our loved ones' gravestones! If we photographically record these gravestones before they become illegible, their final resting places can be found and visited by their families.
TRANSFERS TO RELATIVES & FRIENDS: 323
TRANSFER OF MEMORIALS: If you wish to "adopt" any of our memorials for loved ones or friends, simply click on the "EDIT" tab and leave us a message; we will make it happen! Nobody can treasure a memorial like a loved one!
PHOTOS AVAILABLE FOR "ADOPTION!" You may freely copy any of our photos in Find A Grave. We do not require permission to copy/use our photos for any purpose you deem necessary. We took these photos of YOUR loved ones' final resting places to share with YOU!
WHY WE DO THIS! "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
J.R. is an Army Vietnam Vet (1965-1968), with 400 days in-country (1967-1968), 627th Supply Company, 1st Log Command (Leaning Outhouse)! He served in An Khe, Qui Nhon, Pleiku, Cam Rahn, Saigon, Long Bien and Da Nang.
We both retired (after 82 combined years of Federal Service) from the VA Hospital at Oteen, Asheville, NC. Patty served 38 of her 43 years as a DoD/VA civilian. JR spent 24 of his 38 years with DoD/VA. We have a special place in our hearts for the military & veterans! We don't want to forget even one veteran. Our goal is to have a memorial for every veteran buried in TRANSYLVANIA County, NC!
"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their Nation." (quoted) PRESIDENT GEORGE WASHINGTON, 1789.
- Jan Rupp Blanton's roots are in Portsmouth, Scioto, OH. He was named, Paul Brown after his doctor, one of the 1st set of triplets born at Portsmouth Ohio Hospital in 1946! He and his surviving sister (one died at 6 months) were adopted by a doctor and his wife in Harlan County, KY. Dr. Chester Blanton was team physician for the Kentucky Wildcats, and Jan Rupp Blanton (J.R.) was named after Coach Adolph Rupp! He was raised in Paducah, McCracken Co. KY; and lived for many years in Northern Virginia.
- Patty has roots in Wash. DC, Northern Virginia, Franklin & Oil City, Venango Co. PA & Quincy, Franklin Co., PA; Kilbehenny, County Limerick, Ireland; Antrim, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
- JR&Patty have been married 29 years, and have 23 children/grandchildren!
OTHER THINGS WE DO:
- We are in our 20th year in Pigeon Valley Bassmasters, Canton, NC. We fish bass tournaments in NC, SC, Northeast GA, & East TN. JR is Conservation Chairman; Patty is Club Secretary. We picked up almost 10,800 lbs. of litter & recycles at every lake fished since 2004!
- Our Exercise Program: We bowl twice-a-week in Brevard & Hendersonville, NC.
- We enjoy hitting golf balls when we find the time!
- For the 3rd year, we participated in the 2013 Senior Games in Brevard, NC, where we won 17 medals! ! At the NC State Finals, Patty got GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE for Spincasting, Basketball Throw and Football Toss and JR got BRONZE in bowling! We have outlived all the others in our AGE GROUP!
- We are animal lovers! We have two of every kind: We have "Rocky" (adopted) Golden Retriever/Basset Hound & "Junior" the Shih Tzu; "Heidi" & "Spooky" (the elusive rescue tortoise shell Persian cats); "Jacob the Pretty Bird" & "Marley the Twitter Bird" (cockatiels), and about 14 fish (several rescued feeder fish) in our tank! We take them all with us once-a-month on our fishing trips in "Arkie," the camper!
APPRECIATION IS EXTENDED to all contributors to Find A Grave for helping others find the final resting places of their loved ones. You are our unsung heros!
|Find A Grave Friends|
4losthistory, Aaron John Turn..., Al, Aleta Stafford, Alex , Allan L Winger, Amy Caddell, andringa, Angi Weast King, ann, Ann Bowler, Ann Ono Mouse, Ann Young, Anna , Anna O'Quinn Ri..., Anne Cady, Anonymous, Anthony, April, Ashley, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]