|Bio and Links|
<---Click on photo to read caption.|
WHY SO MANY PICTURES? -------------->
We are losing the race against ACID RAIN and MOLD that are devastating the inscriptions on our loved ones' gravestones! We must work harder to photographically record these gravestones before millions of memorials become illegible, and our loved ones' final resting places will be "UNKNOWN" forever!
TRANSFERS TO RELATIVES & FRIENDS: 308
TRANSFER OF MEMORIALS: If you wish to "adopt" any memorials we entered for your loved ones or friends, simply CLICK ON THE "EDIT" TAB ON THAT MEMORIAL, SEND US A MESSAGE, and we will make it happen! Nobody can treasure a memorial like a loved one!
INFANTS: We have a special place in our hearts for the parents of deceased infants and children. We found a way to determine how many infants are buried in a given cemetery. We type the word, "Infant" in the child's MAIDEN NAME space. Later, at the main cemetery profile, we type, "INFANT" in the LAST NAME SPACE (the system searches for both last & maiden names). Then, we can see exactly how many babies are buried in that cemetery!
PHOTOS AVAILABLE. You may freely copy OUR photos in Find A Grave. You will not need permission to copy/use our photos. We took these photos of YOUR loved ones' final resting places to share with YOU!
WHY WE DO THIS! "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
J.R. is an Army Vietnam Vet (1965-1968), with 400 days in-country (1967-1968), 627th Supply Company, 1st Log Command (Leaning Outhouse)! He served in An Khe, Qui Nhon, Pleiku, Cam Rahn Bay, Saigon, Long Bien and Da Nang.
We both retired (after 82 combined years of Federal Service) from the VA Hospital at Oteen, Asheville, NC. Patty served 38 of her 43 years as a DoD/VA civilian. JR spent 24 of his 38 years with DoD/VA. We have a special place in our hearts for the military & veterans! We don't want to forget even one veteran. Our goal is to have a memorial for every veteran buried in TRANSYLVANIA County, NC!
"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their Nation." (quoted) PRESIDENT GEORGE WASHINGTON, 1789.
- JR's roots are in Portsmouth, Scioto, OH. He was a TRIPLET, one of the 1st set born at Portsmouth Hospital in 1946! He and his surviving sister (one died at 6 months) were adopted by a doctor and his wife in Harlan County, KY. Dr. Chester Blanton was team physician to the Kentucky Wildcats! JR was raised in Paducah, McCracken Co. KY; and lived for many years in Northern Virginia.
- Patty has roots in Wash. DC, Northern Virginia, Franklin & Oil City, Venango Co. PA, & Quincy, Franklin Co., PA; Kilbehenny, County Limerick, Ireland; Scotland, and Antrim, Northern Ireland.
- JR&Patty are have 23 children/grandchildren!
OTHER THINGS WE DO:
- We are in our 20th year in Pigeon Valley Bassmasters, Canton, NC. We fish bass tournaments in NC, SC, Northeast GA, & East TN. JR is Conservation Chairman; Patty is Club Secretary. We picked up almost 10,400 lbs. of litter & recycles at every lake fished since 2004!
- Our Exercise Program: We bowl twice-a-week in Brevard & Hendersonville, NC.
- We hit golf balls when we find the time!
- For the 3rd year, we participated in the 2013 Senior Games in Brevard, NC, where we won 17 medals! ! At the NC State Finals, Patty got GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE for Spincasting, Basketball Throw and Football Toss and JR got BRONZE in bowling! We have outlived all the others in our AGE GROUP!
APPRECIATION IS EXTENDED to all contributors to Find A Grave for helping others find the final resting places of their loved ones.
|Find A Grave Friends|
4losthistory, Aaron John Turn..., Al, Aleta Stafford, Alex , Allan L Winger, Amy Caddell, andringa, Angi Weast King, ann, Ann Bowler, Ann Ono Mouse, Ann Young, Anna , Anna O'Quinn Ri..., Anne Cady, Anonymous, Anthony, April, Ashley, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]