|Tree Leaf (#47481781)|
| || member for 5 years, 2 months, 24 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
Have had it with the abuse.|
Please, read the following:
1. Please read the FAQ in full. That is common internet etiquette.
2. If I do not know you and have not 'worked with you' in the past, I have no idea who you are or where your information came from.
I have tried to be polite and I took the time to request a source to be sent, out of COURTESY. My requests were returned with sarcasm and refusal to send a source. Stomping your foot and saying what an expert you are is not the same as sending information.
3. For that reason and the verbal abuse and waste of time, I now will decline edits which are sent without sources being sent with them. I do not have the time to do your work for you.
If we already have a good working relationship, and I know you to be a solid researcher, I will give you benefit of the doubt, but sources are still much preferred.
If an edit is declined, you may submit the information again via the SAC, along with specific citation as a source to go with it.
4. If you have sent an edit with source, *allow me some time to look into it.* I do not have control over things like: when a sexton returns my inquiry, or a librarian, or a researcher, or a county clerk, or the other page owner, or site staff, etc. Do not increase the demands, send repeated demands on what action to take, etc. I have a month to research and yours is *not* the only edit I have received.
5. Please, do not post biographical or other information as a 'flower' - send it via the SAC.
6. Please, do not post death certificates, or other improper images, as photos. I spend hours typing out obituaries (all of which are pre copyright, per site rules) and sending them to strangers via SAC. I also rewrite obituaries if they are within copyright years. I have posted a few images (newspaper clipping - never a cert.) only if they are pre copyright, and the member is KNOWN to be inactive and/or not to reply to other members whatsoever. Otherwise, I always type things by hand and send via SAC.
7. Be kind, and be courteous.
Just send me the information. No snark, no demands, no orders attached with it. If you are a fellow volunteer we are equals. I will look into it. If I do not consider it proven I will act accordingly. Again: Read the FAQ. The burden of proof is on the one who sends the information.
I take care of things *as soon as possible,* (usually well within the month allotted), but please give me some 'breathing room' out of common courtesy. I take my duty here seriously, but will act within site rules to preserve my own boundaries and protect my health.
8. Always read the member's profile statement before you send them anything. Most list their preferences and/or pet peeves and/or policies. It's common courtesy.
THANK YOU if you read this. If you didn't - the above still applies.
|Find A Grave Friends|
# 1 OLSEN, Annabelle ONeil..., Anne Wagner, b g, Bette Locke, Buz Johnson, C K, C. Bryan, Calcat, Capt, Carl Bennett, Carolynn ni Loc..., Cathy Hill, cj, cjgriffith, Claudia Fischer, Darleen J. Chip..., David Bartelt, Dean Milton PE..., Deb, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for Tree Leaf (402)||[Leave Message]|
|Chad Kendell||RE: PaDelford|
Unlike others, I love having that information on people's memorials. I think it tells the story about them. Thanks for adding it
|Mark Schornstein||Mary Ann Penick|
Thanks for the obituary info on Mary Ann. She was my mother's sister that died as an infant. I have actual copies of five of her obituaries in the Quincy Whig-Journal. I chose not to include these in her memorial. Thanks again for your help.
|K - B||Bernard Henry Bertke|
I posted the obit you sent. Thank you. Bernard was my gg-grandfather. Are you related to him too? I don't live near St. Louis or Quincy, so my search options have been limited to the internet. Do you have any information on either of his wives? Recently a question has arisen about the death date of his first wife, Catherine. She died in St. Louis in 1852 according to information handed down by family, but I am questioning this based on some Census records. Also, I have no information on his second wife. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Kay
Added by K - B on Jun 23, 2016 4:54 PM
|P. Meado||Claudius Verniaud|
Thanks for sending the obit.
East St. Louis is in Illinois. So I think that part of the obit is correct.
Added by P. Meado on Jun 23, 2016 4:02 PM
|Dale Tarkington||Bridget Roan #125569826|
You mentioned her obituary in your message to me and yes I would really like to get a copy, either included on her memorial here or sent to me. Thanks
Thanks for the Westman obituary. I have pasted it to the memorial and appreciate your contribution. Claudia
|Ken Keller||RE: 150063897 (Gorman)|
Your welcome, I don't need the memorial back.
I have gone back to work full time for 3 months at my old job, so I haven't had time to do much with Find A Grave or ancestry. I will be back on it this fall.
I tried to copy & paste your info you sent but it would not work and as you know I hate to type.
There is a obit but I deleted it when I transferred it to you.
Take Care :)
|Linda Brown 47388779||George Hoover- Memphis, MO Cemetery|
Hi Tree Leaf,
Thanks for the information you sent along about George Hoover.
Any other information on George or any of the other folks that I have memorials for is always appreciated.
|flags for vets group||wilhelms|
oh wow! You just made a family connection that I was looking for Wow! wow! wow!
just Fyi...I have One side of my family going back to 2 BC...I think I hold a record lol...have to line it up tho.
Thank you for the bio information on Edward Buerklin.
I have placed it on his memorial.
Have a great day!
Added by Bobbi on Jun 19, 2016 9:36 AM
|[View all messages...]|