I have an interest in Maine cemeteries and genealogy. I often walk through cemeteries up the coast in Maine and try to take photos of tombstones that are falling and breaking as it is sad to see. I am willing to share those photos as some descendants may never get a chance to see the actual tombstone. I take many photos of the same tombstone to include closeups and of course am reluctant to get rid of them. If I have taken the photo and you want copies of any other related to the monument and/or tombstone for your personal use just leave me a message so that I can email them to you.
Any photos that I have uploaded may be copied for your personal use only. None of the photos may be placed on another website, sold or bartered or used for commercial purposes.
If you want to use the photos for your personal use genealogy tree please feel free to do so but do not load them on Ancestry.com as the tos there states that they can then do what they wish with the photo.
Almost all of the memorials I have entered are a result of "mowing rows" in larger cemeteries and photographing the whole smaller cemeteries.
I am way behind in posting the photos. If you want photos of a memorial I created you can use the request a photo option or you can leave me a message with the memorial names and numbers.
Find A Grave Memorial# 112481613 Would you consider transferring little Alice Pendleton's memorial to me? She was my grandfather's (Clyde Colon Pendleton's) little sister. Thanks for your time. Deborah Lee Stewart
Margaret McNeil Sheehan I have provided a record of Patrick & Margaret Sheehan from their births and marriage in Canada to their migration to NH in 1899, residence at Sumner, Oxford, Maine un 1905, at Canton, Oxford, Maine in 1910, relocation to Norwood, Norfolk, MA where both died and were buried at Highland Cemetery in Norwood, MA, where their youngest son Ernest Sheehan was later buried.
The death certificate of Patrick reports him as born in Canada, son of William Sheehan & Margaret Cody, the father was buried at Grande-Riviere, QC, Canada, where Patrick married Margaret.
I have personal knowledge of the couple all my life, Patrick Sheehan was a cousin of both of my parents, Margaret McNeil was known to my maternal grandfather as "Aunt Maggie", being a sister to his mother, Anna McNeill DuVal.
Margaret McNeil Sheehan SOURCES: 1. Marriage Quebec, Canada (Drouin Collection) Grande-Riviere parish. The 22 Feb 1881 ... Patrick Sheehan Widower of the late Julia Whitty...& Esther Margaret McNeil adult daughter of the late Roderick McNeil and the late Esther Garrett [translation]. 2. 1891 Canada census, QC, Gaspe, Grande-Riviere District #153, pp. 14-15. Patrick Sheehan, male 52, married, father born Ireland, mother born Quebec; Marguerite McNeill, 33, wife, father born Nova Scotia, Mother born Quebec with children William 21 [issue of Julia Whitty]; Edouard 7 QC; and Anastasia Sheehan 2/12 QC.
3. 1900 US Federal Census -Claremont, Sullivan, New Hampshire. indexed as "Sh*Chen. SHEECHAN Patrick head born Feb 1839, age 63; Margaret wife born Oct 1856, age 43;Michael E. 16; Annie 9; Ernest 6; all born Canada.
4. 1910 US Federal Census -Canton, Oxford, Maine SHEEHEAN, Patrick 74, ; Margaret wife 48; son Michel 23; CHAMBERLAIN Annie daughter 19, all born Canada; Fred Chamberlain, Son-In-Law, 26, born NY; Laura M, granddaughter 4 born Maine, Clarence F, 2, born Maine; and Ernest SHAHEAN, Boarder [sic] 16, born Canada. [Fred Chamberlain & Anastasia (1891-1914) had married at Sumner, Maine, 1905].
5. Deaths at Norwood, Norfolk, MA. Patrick Sheehan died March 30, 1914, his wife Margaret gives his DOB as Feb. 9, 1836. Margaret Sheehan died December 3, 1919, age "65".
6. DOB of Margaret McNeil Sheehan Register Grande-Riviere, QC, Canada, baptism dated 6 November 1853, gives DOB 3 September 1853, d/o Roderick McNeill & his wife Esther, daughter named as "Esther", however, known as "Margaret" as per census of 1861, 1871, and 1881.
7. Burial in Highland Cemetery, Find A Grave memorial # 111498012. My object is to link her to the memorials of her parents, Roderick & Esther.
Further proofs can be found at database bakerchild.tribalpages.com
Hi there..I was wondering if, when you have time, you could please tell me a bit about the above cemetery? There are no photos on the cemetery page or a description or location. Many of my relatives are buried there so I went on line to try to find some history on it. I have been unable to find any information. Perhaps just looking in the wrong place. Anyway thank you in advance for your time.Sincerely, Wendy