Changes are coming to Find A Grave. See a preview now.
|Raul N. Longoria (#48723113)|
| || member for 2 years, 4 months, 30 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
I grew up in southern Brooks County, Texas and consider myself an amateur genealogist and family historian. I know of many of the cemeteries in that area, and am familiar with several, particularly the four cemeteries on Longoria lands:|
1. The Santa Rita Ranch Cemetery established in 1914 upon the death of my great-grandfather Ponciano Longoria;
2. The Longoria Cemetery established in 1927 by my grandfather Eugenio Longoria, the eldest son of Ponciano Longoria, upon the death of his mother-in-law;
3. The Juan Longoria Family Cemetery established in 1941 upon the death of Juan Longoria, the second son of Ponciano Longoria; and
4. The San Mateo Cemetery established in 1964 upon the death of Mateo Longoria, the youngest son of Ponciano Longoria.
My primary goals are to:
1) Document the locations and interments at all four Longoria family cemeteries;
2) Correct the many inaccuracies that were created by contributors who were not aware of the multiple family cemeteries with the same surname (Longoria, Villarreal, and Perez families each have multiple cemeteries but Obituaries and Death Certificates often times do not differentiate between them, stating it simply as [Surname] Family Cemetery);
3) Document the existence, location and interments at other family cemeteries in the area;
4) Link as many of the memorials as possible to the memorials of other family members, wherever they may be interred; and
5) Add and link memorials for my wife's family (Alcala, Garza and other ancestors) from the Brownsville, Texas area.
|Messages left for Raul N. Longori... (4)||[Leave Message]|
|Patricia S Powell Gerecci||RE: Transfer memorials in Longoria cemetery|
I know that you are still waiting.I will print out the information I collected and then transfer to you. Thank you for your patience. Do you have any photographs of the old family members? I am especially interested in old photographs because they contain period detail clues about lifestyle and dress and sometimes geographic information.
|Ash Montagu||Daniel V. Pena|
He isn't related to me so I have no problem deleting it but you should know
His death certificate, the Texas death index and the social security number death index all show he died in Brooks County.
The death certificate says he died in Falfurrias and was buried in the Longoria Cemetery at La Mesa, Brooks County, Texas.
You have him listed as Daniel Villarreal with no birth or death place. I guess that lead to the confusion.
|Kat_Leo||RE: Memorial for Delfina Solis|
Thanks for the heads up about Delphina and Timoteo Solis. I have no idea why they I would have listed them in those two cemeteries, they are my family and those locations make no sense.
Added by Kat_Leo on May 23, 2015 12:03 PM
|Eddieb||RE: Ramirez Cemetery- Brooks County, TX|
Hi.. I have gone ahead and made the correction to the GPS. The name change is more difficult. I have not figured out how to change the Las from La.. I will keep trying.
Added by Eddieb on May 13, 2015 5:44 AM